Promotion of Child Welfare and Safeguarding Assurance
At Little Montessori British Nursery safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare forms a large part of our statutory responsibilities and covers the requirements of Ministry of Social Affairs (Qatar), Ofsted (England), The Care Commission (Scotland) and the CSSIW (Wales).
We follow the framework of the Every Child Matters government green paper, which is structured around five outcomes, which are key to a child’s well-being. In England, these form part of the statutory regulations; however the principles behind the outcomes are also consistent with the standards elsewhere.
The five outcomes are outlined below:
- Stay safe: looking after the children’s welfare and ensuring a safe environment
- Be healthy: safeguarding and promoting children’s health and well-being
- Enjoy and achieve: supporting the children in their learning and development
- Make a positive contribution: working together with parents and encouraging children to play a beneficial part in their nursery and wider community
- Organization: ensuring all government policies, procedures and practices are strictly followed